School Active Shooter And Intruder Response Training
This course bridges the gap between responding officers and school faculty, administrators and other personnel in an active shooter situation.
The training assists school personnel in their ability to prevent, report and protect themselves and their students from an active shooter during the critical moments while waiting for police to arrive. It also educates them about what to expect from officers once they are on site. The course is designed to provide law enforcement officers with the necessary skills and mindset to properly respond. 4 Hour Session This course educates all school personnel (faculty, administrators and support staff) on effective response strategies in an active shooter situation.
The 4-hour half-day sessions includes:
- An overview and historic examination of school shootings and lessons learned for schools and law enforcement.
- An in-depth analysis of lockdown procedures from threats inside and outside the building.
- What to do if lockdown fails.
- The 3 Out Response Model: Lock Out, Get Out, Take Out
- How to secure multiple types of doors, including locking, layering and reinforcing
- Access control and visitor management